A cohort of trained Master Faculty is needed to teach the ASPMN® Pain Management Nursing Certification Preparation Course, the Geriatric Pain Management Resource Nurse Course, the Advanced Pharmacology Course and the new Pain 101 Course at the local, regional and national level from 2019 - 2021.
Criteria for Master Faculty:
- A current ASPMN® member in good standing and maintained throughout the Faculty term
- Current ANCC pain management certification
- Five (5) or more years of experience in pain management nursing as a clinician, educator, researcher or consultant
- Earned Master's degree or higher academic credential
- Experience teaching audiences larger than 20 participants
- Willing to present at 1-2 regional/ national level talks per year, if requested (honorarium provided)
- References from three people familiar with applicant's teaching ability
- Willing to undergo peer review
Master Faculty for the ASPMN® Pain Management Nursing Certification Review Course must have relevant experience and expertise with pediatric, adult and/or geriatric patients with pain.
Master Faculty for the Geriatric Pain Management Resource Nurse Course must have relevant experience and expertise with geriatric patients with pain.
Applications are due by July 31, 2019.
To apply, complete the ASPMN® 2019-2021 Master Faculty Application online. This online form will allow you to stop and re-start work on the application as long as you complete the application within 14 days. The application will ask you to:
- Select the course(s) you desire to teach
- Provide a description of your expertise and experience in pain management nursing and your ability to meet EACH of the Master Faculty criteria listed above.
- Affirm your willingness to follow the format and guidelines for established content/teaching methods for the ASPMN Course(s)
- Affirm you willingness to participate in course revisions and updates when requested
- Include a curriculum vitae, a copy of your current ANCC Pain Management Certification, and contact information for three references.
Contact the ASPMN® Executive Office at ASPMN@kellencompany.com.